Accessories Activism Alpha Complex avatar battle blooper Blunderbuss Cannon castle age Character class Conspiracy Conspiracy theory Control Systems Creativity defense democracy diagram of effects drafting game Economic Economics game design game history game idea Games Guild Battle guild wars Guns Handgun images leadership Massive Multiplayer Online mindset Money monster noob offense oligarchy organisational patterns Paranoia (role-playing game) pirates Players prisoner's dilemma propaganda Psychology quality without a name Religion resources roleplaying scouting Single-shot social city social network Social Sciences systems thinking timeless tribal wars Virginia Satir West End Games zero sum game
Roleplaying! As if the world weren't full of enough history without inventing more …
Castle Age Bahamut ~ The Simple Guide
26/05/2010Posted by on
What have you done?!?
“Yesssssssss!!!! I have escaped my prison in the Underworld! That fool Mephistophelesssss sssserved some purpose after all!”
Bahamut has roughly 120 million health. Alpha Bahamut has roughly 600 million health.
Attacking in roles
The Bahamut is slain in different groups of roles. Depending on your role, Warrior, Cleric, Rogue or Mage, that you have chosen when entering the battle, you can bash, smite, stab and launch magic bolts at Bahamut. Each role group has a specific task at 3-8 hour intervals. Class focus changes randomly during the course of battle, after each open window expires.
Warriors and Clerics
It is the task of the Warriors and Clerics to strengthen and heal party health. These roles require lots of energy.
Depending on how much health your party has, you will see the following messages after every one of your primary attacks:
- If your party has between 0 and 10% health: “The Warriors are unable to hold back the might of Bahamut, the Volcanic Dragon causing some of your party to retreat.“
- Between 10 and 33% health: “The Mages are having difficulty recovering mana to cast their spells, reducing the damage output for the party.“
- Between 33 and 55% health: “The Clerics are frantically trying to heal the injured party members, reducing the effectiveness of the party” or “The ground is scorched from Bahamut, the Volcanic Dragon’s fiery breath, making it harder for you to attack.“
- Between 55 and 78% health: “The Warriors distract Bahamut, the Volcanic Dragon, while the Rogues sneak up from behind resulting in additional damage.“
- Between 78 and 100% health: “The Mages and Clerics casts Magic Bolt and Smite in unison resulting in extra damage” or “The group coordinates a well executed attack plan allowing the party to deal massive damage to Bahamut, the Volcanic Dragon” in the higher percentages.
Effects are simple, the lower your party health is, the less damage you do to Bahamut per attack, and the more damage you do to your own party. That makes it extremely important to not have any blind slayers just hacking away at Bahamut in your party.
Mages and Rogues
Rogues and Mages are requested at intervals to cripple the Bahamut and to deflect his attacks. These roles require less energy than Warrior or Cleric.
In both cases this requires filling up a status bar within a limited time.
If the status bar is already full for the current class function, attacks will have no effect and simply return zero  effect. If the bar is not filled within the time span given, Bahamut will either heal himself or hurt party health with Lava Breath.
The activity of each tier is measured in activity bars:
Not a problem, because likely you will want to do so anyway to get all the ingredients for creating Volcanic Knights and ingredients for creating Bahamut, the Volcanic Dragon (Crystals) in Alchemy to join your army.
Depending on tier activity (see above), there is a chance to receive one of each crystal each time you slay a Volcanic Dragon. Chances are increased when other players of different level ranges participate more.
|Rare Chance Drops||Epic Chance Drops|
|Crystal Drops||Legendary Chance Drops (Only Alpha Bahamut)|
|Alpha Emerald Sea Serpent
Alpha Sapphire Sea Serpent
Alpha Amethyst Sea Serpent
Alpha Ancient Sea Serpent
Alpha Bahamut Artifact.