Accessories Activism Alpha Complex avatar battle blooper Blunderbuss Cannon castle age Character class Conspiracy Conspiracy theory Control Systems Creativity defense democracy diagram of effects drafting game Economic Economics game design game history game idea Games Guild Battle guild wars Guns Handgun images leadership Massive Multiplayer Online mindset Money monster noob offense oligarchy organisational patterns Paranoia (role-playing game) pirates Players prisoner's dilemma propaganda Psychology quality without a name Religion resources roleplaying scouting Single-shot social city social network Social Sciences systems thinking timeless tribal wars Virginia Satir West End Games zero sum game
Roleplaying! As if the world weren't full of enough history without inventing more …
Extreme Paranoia Player Preparations
In preparation, you can:
- Play any crazy game
- Convince others to play whatever game crazy
- Put together a controlled folly character in a real game
- Do something fun and unexpected (play wildcard) in a game
- Play with someone crazy or a stranger in a strange spot
- Pick 5 trends that are unlikely to vary significantly in any real life War-Work-Machine scenarios.
- Let yourself out of the box ~ play a character in real life in the War-Work-Machine (Alpha Complex). The functions essential to the Machine can be characterized as follows:
- Information: planning, design, guidance, management, science, communication, politics, production of ideas, ideologies, religions, art, etc.: the collective brain and nerve-system of the Machine ~ Try some desertions (scientists, officials), refusal of selection (teachers), mismanagement, treason, ideological deviation, false information (to superiors), and what you can think of.
- Production: industrial and agricultural production of goods, execution of plans, fragmented work, circulation of energy ~ Try some opting-out and sick-leaves, etc.
- Reproduction: production and maintenance of workers for all three functions, making children, education, housework, services, entertainment, sex, recreation, medical care, etc. ~ Try some looting, squatting, divorce, riots, …
Enjoy vids of existing sessions
TRUST NO ONE
KEEP YOUR LASER HANDY
- Gaming Hoopla – 8 Commandments for Running Your First Con RPG from The Hopeless Gamer (thehopelessgamer.blogspot.com)
- Fever Dreams, Crazy GMs, and Bad (awesomely Bad) TV from The Rhetorical Gamer (morrisonmp.wordpress.com)